Pages

Charades


Have you ever put two people that speak different languages in a room? It's bound to be loud, frustrating and above all, fun! I love how my friends have helped me cope with my ESL moments. We all just sit there after a second or two of silence and then laugh.


My early conversations were an ongoing game of Charades. I'd be in the middle of a sentence and then... oooh I know that word... it starts with... and then I'd just venture into describing it: it's that little worm that carries its house on top. My friends would all be looking at me like a puppy right before getting a treat... fingers snapping... oh oh... a snail! Yessss, a snail!!! And then the conversation would go on as if nothing ever happened.


That's my game of Charades!


Image by Ali Spagnola

2 comments:

Everydaytreats said...

¡Hola!

Gracias por mencionar a mi "blog" - de una latina a otra,

Miguelina

Jennifer said...

De nada! Me parecio de lo mas lindo y animado (y con muchas ideas para irnos de compras!)